Homemade soap is a quick and affordable gift that's sure to wow--especially when it's this popsicle soap. Yum!
Time Required: 15 minutes
- 1. Coat the inside of your popsicle mold with cooking spray.
- 2. Next, cut up the glycerin soap into small cubes, and heat in a microwave-safe container according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
- 3. Pour the melted soap into the popsicle mold, filling all the way to the top.
- 4. Add in soap dye and fragrance as desired.
- 5. Then, place a piece of foil over the top of the mold, and insert a popsicle stick through the foil and into each popsicle compartment. Hold the sticks down for one to two minutes, or until the soap starts to set up. (This will prevent the sticks from floating up).
- 6. Allow the soap to cool and harden for two to three hours.
- 7. Release the soap from the mold by inserting a knife on both sides of the bar, and then using the popsicle stick to pull out the finished soap.
- 8. Wrap, and give.
- 1. For a pretty presentation, wrap each soap in a plastic; and tie with a bow.
- 2. Select fragrances and colors that suggest popular popsicle flavors--cherry, banana, chocolate, etc.
- 3. When giving to kids, be sure to label each bar as "soap."